Some services provided are not covered under our contract with the NHS and therefore attract charges. Examples include the following:
- Medicals for pre-employment, sports and driving requirements (HGV, PSV etc.)
- Insurance claim forms
- Passport signing
- Prescriptions for taking medication abroad
- Private sick notes
- Vaccination certificates
The fees charged are based on the British Medical Association (BMA) suggested scales and our reception staff will be happy to advise you about them along with appointment availability.
Private services also include:
- Medical Examinations
- Bowen Technique
- Kate Garden Nutritional Advice
Private Smear Tests
Dr Hodson now undertakes private smear tests for any women over the age of 25 years. This facility does not prevent the usual NHS smear taking place when it becomes due but is a service available for those who may prefer to have smears more frequently than offered. For further information please click on the links below or leave contact details for Dr Hodson’s attention at the surgery and she will contact you to discuss this.
- Cervical smear including screening for HPV £125.00
- Smear without HPV testing £99.00
- Repeat smear (following a “insufficient cells report”) £80.00
* HPV is Human Papilloma Virus which is strongly associated with smear abnormalities.
Facebook Page: PrivateSmearsBath